Working with CES
"How do we work with Contract Engineering Services?"
We like to keep the business side of our work simple. And flexible.
First, talk to us, in confidence and in detail, about your project, problem, or objective. We will be pleased to sign your NDA or Confidentiality Agreement. We offer a blank CA for your convenience, here. With or without a CA, your information will always be held in confidence.
From our initial "Discovery" discussion, by phone, email, or in person, we can prepare a Proposal/Contract for you, defining the Assumptions, Scope, Efforts, Deliverables, and Fee Terms that address your needs. On your approval and signature, we can begin working for you.
"And what will it cost?"
Typically, professional service firms avoid discussing fees prior to engagement. This makes a commitment decision difficult for those clients who need to anticipate cost, but may not have prior experience in working with such firms.
To help you anticipate your costs when working with CES, here are some considerations:
* Contract Engineering Services is committed to providing maximum value to our clients. This means that your costs will be the minimum required to deliver competent and professional engineering, design and analysis services to your project, consistent with best engineering practices.
* Competently and professionally addressing our client's engineering design and analysis needs is labor-intensive. Many efforts are typically required - discovery, strategy development, design creation and refinement, drawing preparation, client communications and review meetings, onsite work, calculations, fabricator management - and others. All require man-hours to perform - from 20 to 2000 hours or more, performed over several weeks or months. There really is no such thing as a one-hour job.
* We seldom require an upfront payment, because we only work with responsible, committed clients with whom we can trust, and who trust us. We will earn your trust before we send an invoice.
* Our Fee Terms can be Hourly or Fixed, as appropriate.
* When providing Fixed-Fee services, quoting a single Fixed Fee for "everything" in a project, is unrealistic. Project trajectories are dynamic. We have found that the best approach is to define the work in phases, and provide a quotation for the initial (or following) phase.
* We invoice monthly. Payment is due upon invoice receipt.
* If we need to travel, our clock starts when we exit our portal, and stops when we exit your portal. For multi-day travel, we quote a per-diem rate, and may require prepayment.
* If we provide component or protoype fabrication, assembly or installation, we will need prepayment. Our surcharge is 5 percent of cost. Alternately, our clients may elect to fabricate, assemble and install on their own, using the drawings we provide.